Saturday, October 29, 2011

Here's to You

Here's my card for this month's My Favorite Things guest designer challenge. This month's theme is bling and I think I have it covered!

I used the celebratory girl from the à la modes Cheers stamp set as my focal image. I colored her with Copic markers, then paper pieced her dress using a scrap of pink faux mother of pearl paper left over from another project. The paper has a pink pearly appearance that made the perfect blingy party dress. A little line of silver glitter edges the bottom of the dress. The glass is covered with Glossy Accents and sprinkled with a little Dazzling Diamonds for a subtle sparkle.

The à la modes girl is set over a piece of doily that I layered on a piece of dotted pink paper. I attached part of a huge clear crystal swirly flourish over the doily before setting the image in place. The set's celebratory "here's to you" sentiment is stamped on a scrap of silver cardstock and slipped underneath the edge of the image.

Materials Used:
à la modes Cheers stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Glossy White cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Tutu Pink designer paper (BoBunny); silver paper, crystal flourish (Recollections); Glossy Accents (Ranger); paper doily (Wilton); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Oh how pretty!!! I love all the pink and big swirl of bling!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips