Sunday, November 6, 2011

Birthday Balloons

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I loved the fun shape of this card, so I chose to make my own version, keeping the birthday/balloon theme, but changing out the colors and animal image.

I used the elephant image from Our Craft Lounge's Circus, Circus stamp set as my focal image. I added the balloons from the Slow and Steady set to the image and cut the image out with a circle die so that the balloons extended beyond the top of the panel's edge. The images are colored with Copic markers and the balloons are highlighted with a little Stardust Stickles to add some sparkle.

The panel is set on a folded scalloped circle so that it extends beyond the fold at the top. I covered the front of the folded circle with a half-circle piece of glittery plaid designer paper. The birthday sentiment from the Slow and Steady set is attached at the bottom of the image panel with foam tape. I added a little dotted bow at the other side of the panel. The original card has a few more embellishments, but I'm happy with this one as it is.

Materials Used:
Circus, Circus and Slow and Steady stamp sets (Our Craft Lounge); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Crushed Curry cardstock, Crushed Curry dotted grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips