Sunday, November 6, 2011

Jingle Bells

Here's my card for this month's Waltzingmouse Stamps CASE competition. The design team created tons of fabulous holiday themed projects--there was so much to look at and choose from! In the end, I decided to CASE a clean and simple design, since that's what I'm most comfortable with.

I loved Tosha's one layer wreath card and created my own version of the card for the challenge. I don't generally make Christmas cards, but go with more general holiday or winter designs, so I don't have any WMS seasonal holiday images in my collection. That made me think somewhat out of the box and used one of the doily images from the Large Doily stamp set to make a pretty red wreath. I accented it with a pair of green felt leaves (hand cut!) and a small bell brad. The "jingle bells" sentiment from the Seasons of Love Tags set is stamped underneath the wreath.

Instead of replicating Tosha's decorative edge punching exactly, I centered the stamped panel on a shimmery gold panel with a decorative scallop edge punched on both sides. The gold panel is set on a white card base. While my version is more than one layer, it's still clean and simple--and easy to reproduce--in my book, all important things for a holiday card.

Materials Used:
Seasons of Love Tags and Large Doily stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold shimmer paper (Target); Deco Scallop border punch (EK Success); gold bell brad (The Paper Studio-Spare Parts); green felt

8 comments:

  1. So cute, Lori! Love your spiral wreath and the sentiment paired together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! I LOVE your doily wreath with the sweet little felt leaves and jingle bell!! So perfect with that sentiment!! Love your punched border too!! I'm so honored you cased my CAS card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wreath Lori and the pretty felt holly! The Jingle Bells sentiment adds a fun touch of holiday spirit to this pretty CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the idea of using the doily for the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out great Lori. Love the punched borders along side your creative wreathe. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! I love the doily as a wreath and the cute jingle bell on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius Lori, LOVE the doily as a wreath!! Thank you so much for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips