Friday, November 11, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 229

This week’s blogger challenge theme is Veterans Day. I made a clean and simple masculine thank you card to mark the occasion.

I used a combination of images from Papertrey Ink’s My Hero, My Dad set for my card. The kraft panel was inked along the edges with distress ink, then stamped along one edge with the set’s corrugated stamp in coordinating ink. This stamp adds a really interesting textured look to your design—perfect for a masculine card.

I stamped the set’s large block “hero” definition in red ink on a red panel, then inked the edges of that panel with distress ink, too, before setting it on the kraft panel. In keeping with the hero theme, I used a star die to cut two navy stars to add to the panel. The “my hero” sentiment was stamped in red on a kraft strip and attached to the panel, too. Since I was going for a masculine look, I kept things simple, and used just two copper brads as an additional embellishment.

For more Veterans Day ideas, check out the links below. And, if you decide to give the challenge a try, feel free to add a link to your project to the list.

Before I forget, I want to give the challenge group leader, Lisa Somerville, as well as Deb Felts, Pam Hornschu, and Taylor Usry a warm welcome to the design team group at Paper Craft Planet. We're so excited that they're joining us! If you haven't checked out the Planet lately, be sure to stop by and visit--there's a lot going on in our community.



Materials Used:
My Hero, My Dad stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake Classic inks, Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); star dies (Spellbinders); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); copper brads (Recollections); foam tape

5 comments:

 
Blogging tips