Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank You for Being My Friend

I combined this week’s Mojo Monday sketch with the latest Lawnscaping challenge to create a thank you card to come up with this pretty design. I love the look of the aqua and red color scheme!

I used two different patterned papers from Lily Bee Design’s Head Over Heels collection on my card. A chevron pattern covers most of the cardfront. I used a dotted piece to make the long, notch-ended strip that runs most of the length of the card. It’s set over a pair of layered circles. I did a little machine stitching around the circle and at the top of the dotted strip, too, for some definition.

I used a Spellbinders die to create the pretty rolled felt flower embellishment for the top of the circle/paper strip elements. It doesn’t show well in the photo, but that’s a big clear crystal at the flower’s center. The thank you sentiment from Lawn Fawn’s Hello Friend set is stamped in red ink on a white panel cut with another Spellbinders die. I thought about layering the sentiment on a red mat, but it was too much--my clean and simple leanings won out!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Hello Friend stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink, Lily Bee Design Head Over Heels Tiny Tablet, Spellbinders circle, Labels 4, and Spiral Blossoms 2 dies, Zva Creative clear crystal

other: Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); red felt; sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. This card super gorgeous..... the flowers so beautiful, so match with Lawn Fawn Sentiment. Thank you so much for playing at Lawnscaping Lori :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Lori! Your flower is gorgeous. Thank you so ,much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, what a great card! I love love love that flower with the polka dots and chevron pattern! This is wonderful. Love the color scheme! Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips