Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hi-ya!

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown challenge.***

Here’s a quick card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. It’s a great layout for using up some of those leftover scrap designer paper pieces—and I have quite a few of those just sitting around . . .

I used the Pure Innocence Karate Boy from My Favorite Things as my focal image. The karate boy is colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set on a light blue panel with foam tape. The “hi-ya!” sentiment is stamped in red ink on the right side of the panel, above the boy’s outstretched arm and leg.

I arranged a pair of patterned paper strips from a space themed collection on the cardfront along with a narrow strip of grosgrain ribbon before adhering the image panel to the card. I have a feeling I'll be using this layout again sometime soon--it might help me make a dent in my scrap pile!

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Karate Boy (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Rocket Age paper pad (October Afternoon); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips