Thursday, November 10, 2011

How You Bean?

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge to "pin it down." I combined the challenge with this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, flipped around and stretched out a bit, for this feminine card.

I used Angie as my focal image. She’s colored with Copic markers and cut out. It’s hard to tell in the photo, but I added a little white flock around the edges and cuffs of her robe to make it look warm and fluffy.

She’s set on a pink panel that coordinates with the two patterned papers I used on the cardfront—a floral print for the panel layered underneath the image and a striped one that covers most of the card. A strip of pink satin ribbon runs across the card. It’s tied in a nice bow that I stuck a dressed up stick pin through. The image is layered over the ribbon using foam tape. Embellishments like this one are a little outside of my comfort zone, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

I stamped the “how you bean” sentiment in the open space next to her with the help of my stamp positioned tool. She looks awfully cozy in her robe, doesn't she? I'm fighting a cold right now and wish I could spend the day like she is instead of heading off to work . . .

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Angie and Kimmie's Fun Sentiments stamps (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Floral Lane-Sweet Thoughts designer paper (Pebbles); pink satin ribbon (Michaels); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips