Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving

***Scroll down to see my post for this week's Color Throwdown challenge.**

There's only a limited window of time each year when I can ink up Papertrey Ink's Gobble, Gobble set, so I thought I'd put it to use for this week's SCS sketch challenge. This card came together in less than 20 minutes with the help of coordinating dies and different dotted elements.

I die cut the turkey pieces--body from cream, tailfeathers from orange--then stamped them with the matching images from the Gobble, Gobble set. The feathers are set on an oval panel, then the body's added over top of them with foam tape.

I used two different dot patterned pieces for the card's panels. A yellow and cream dotted panel sits underneath the oval and is stamped with the Thanksgiving sentiment--I picked this paper purposely so that I would be able to add a sentiment and have it seen. Underneath that is a dot embossed orange panel. I knotted a piece of brown ribbon around that before setting everything on a kraft card base. A quick and easy seasonal card done in no time at all!

Materials Used:
Gobble, Gobble stamp set, Orange Zest, Kraft, and Cream cardstock, Gobble Gobble dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Vivid Butterscotch ink (Clearsnap); Chocolate Chip cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon); oval dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips