Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Like You a Latte

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge to "make it masculine." I went with a blue and brown color scheme along with the mug-toting Moonlight Whispers Willard image.

I colored Willard with Copic markers and added a little white flock to his hat for a bit of texture. He’s set on a kraft panel that I layered onto the cardfront at an angle.

The cardfront is covered with a blue on blue snowflake patterned paper. I broke up the pattern a little with some solid cardstock strips and a piece of ribbon from my scrap pile. The “I like you a latte” sentiment from the Kimmie's Fun Sentiments set is stamped on one of the solid strips in black ink.

For embellishments, I added a pair of blue buttons at one side of the image panel and a snowflake button on the other side. I know it’s not the most masculine thing, but I couldn’t resist adding a sparkly clear crystal to the center of the flake . . .

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Willard and Kimmie's Fun Sentiments stamp sets (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, and Crumb Cake cardstock, Not Quite Navy grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Holiday Collection-The Winter Matstack (DCWV); white flock (Stampendous); Blueberry Sky buttons (Papertrey Ink); linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); clear crystal (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips