Thursday, November 17, 2011

TCPTuesday185-Ticket to My Heart

For this week’s TCP Tuesday challenge, our hostess Leigh has created a super cool sketch. It features a diagonal filmstrip-looking element along one side of the card that you can represent in a lot of different ways. I used TCP’s Big Ticket CutUps die to create a long ticket strip for my card.

I ran the die and a kraft cardstock strip through my die cutting machine a few times, lining the die up again with each cut to create the strip (see more details on this here). I used the coordinating Admit One stamp set to fill in the tickets, using the “ticket to my heart” sentiment and matching heart accents. After filling in the tickets, I inked the edges with a little distress ink for a nice, warm look.

I used two patterned papers on the cardfront, machine stitching around the edges of the smaller panel. After adding a strip of brown corduroy ribbon across the cardfront, I attached the ticket strip to the card, trimming off the excess pieces from the top and bottom so its edges were flush with the patterned paper panel. I die cut a bunch of red and brown felt hearts using the CutUps Heart Trio die and mixed and matched a few different combinations before ending up with the red and brown one I used on the card. I set it where the ticket strip and ribbon meet, adding a red button tied with TCP’s linen thread as an accent.

If you want to play along with the Cat Pack, be sure to add your card based on the sketch to the photo album on Alma's blog and/or upload it to SCS with the keyword TCPTUES185. One lucky player will win some Cat Cash to spend!

And, don’t forget about the big Black Friday sale going on each and every Friday through the end of November. On Fridays, everything on the TCP site will be 20% off (limited to stock on hand). So, get your list ready to shop tomorrow!

Materials Used:
Admit One stamp set, Big Ticket and Heart Trio CutUps dies, beige linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); Crumb Cake, Cranberry Crisp, and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Memento Rich Cocoa and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Stationery-Oatmeal and Tomato designer papers (Lily Bee Design); felt (Papertrey Ink); brown corduroy ribbon (Hobby Lobby); red button (Michaels); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. too stinking cute! Love the large scale ticket die cut - awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips