Monday, November 14, 2011

Party

This week's SCS clean and simple challenge was to be inspired by the word "party." Well, nothing says party more than a fun drink, does it? With that in mind, I inked up some images from the Tiki Time set from Market Street Stamps for this festive card.

I started with a chevron patterned paper panel. Before setting the panel on an apple green card base, I added a little grosgrain ribbon behind it, looping it at the top and cutting a notch out of the bottom. A piece of crystal flourish is attached to the panel, too--I'm trying to work embellishments like this one into my designs more often.

I stamped and colored the set's margarita image, then added a little glittery "salt" along the rim. It's set at the bottom of the patterned paper panel and accented with a button. I stamped the set's "party!" sentiment alongside the image in black ink. At first, I had a hard time figuring out how to place the sentiment because of the word's vertical orientation, but I think I came up with a good solution!

Materials Used:
Tiki Time stamp set (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Green Apple cardstock (Gina K Designs); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); green grosgrain ribbon, green button (Michaels); clear flourish (Recollections); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); green baker's twine (Divine Twine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips