Saturday, December 10, 2011

Brrr . . .

After a fairly mild start to December with a nice stretch of temperatures in the 60’s, winter’s chill has finally arrived here. My card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge reflects this wintery turn.

I used the bear from the Snow Angel set as my focal image. The image is colored with Copic markers. I accented the image with a little white flock (on the hat) and glitter (on the snowballs), then stamped the set's "brrr" sentiment on the panel in blue ink.

I used two different patterned papers from Echo Park's Winter Park line on the cardfront--a large plaid-like print and a red on red print. The red paper is edged with a pretty ruffled trim on the bottom and a coordinating solid cranberry cardstock strip on the top. After attaching the red strip to the card, I layered a blue panel with a debossed snowflake pattern over it, then added the image panel. A trio of silver brads sits to the side of the image panel. Usually, I struggle with getting embellishments like this both straight and spaced evenly, but in this case, the pattern on the paper made it easy!

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Snow Angel stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Blue Bayou Classic ink, Cranberry Crisp and Blue Bayou cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Winter Park 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Peace Be Still impression plate (Papertrey Ink); cream ruffle edge trim (Maya Road); white flock (Stampendous); silver brads (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips