Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Celebrate All Year Long

For this month’s group project, the Clear and Simple Stamps design team is sharing card sets made with the limited edition Let’s Celebrate set (available as a gift to customers who spend $100 or more at the CSS online store before the end of the year). I stepped out of holiday card making mode for a while to make a set of cards that can be used year round.

This photo shows all of the supplies I used to finish the card set (minus my sewing machine—couldn’t fit that into the photo!).


To make things go quickly, I worked with the same stamp sets—Let’s Celebrate and Taglines—along with the same 6x6 patterned paper pad. In fact, I used the same sentiment stamp on each card along with a different image. I kept the layout the same for each card, but switched up the color combination and occasion on each one. I also tried to use a different embellishment or accent on each one while still keeping things simple.

Here’s the first card duo. This one includes a baby card and a birthday or other celebratory occasion card. For all of the cards, I machine stitched around the edges of a solid cardstock panel that I layered on a white card base. I also machine stitched around the edges of the coordinating patterned paper panel on the cardfront, even though it’s hard to see against some of the patterns.

For each card, I die cut a tag from white cardstock using the Tags 1 die. Since the tag was a little larger than I wanted for my cards, I trimmed the bottom edge of each tag a little, then rounded the corners with a corner rounder to get just the right size. I attached a stamped image to each tag, matted on a cardstock panel that matches the color of the cardfront. The “celebrate” sentiment is stamped just underneath the image and the tag is tied with a piece of CSS's satin ribbon.

Since I kept the layout of each card the same, I tried to do something a little different with the image each one along with changing the color scheme and occasion. In this set, the pinwheel is paper pieced for interest and I attached a teeny, tiny brad at the center for a pin and on the baby card, the diaper pin’s green top is covered with Glossy Accents for a dimensional look.

Here’s the second duo. This one has cards for a birthday and for the holidays. To dress up the candy cane, I covered it with clear glitter. And, one of the balloons is cut out and attached with foam tape.

Don’t miss what the rest of the CSS team has created for this month’s challenge. Here’s where to find them:
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dana Grothaus
Kim Duran
Laurie Willison
Tracy Schultz
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
Let’s Celebrate and Taglines stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress inks, Green with Envy, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, Trendsetter Blue, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (R12, R22, R25, Y000, Y11, Y13, Y18, E33, YG01, YG03, YG25, B0000, C-3), Tags 1 die, Green with Envy, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, and A Blanc Check satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); Quite Contrary paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!) small brad (Recollections); Glossy Accents (Ranger); corner rounder (WeR Memory Keepers); sewing machine; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips