Monday, December 12, 2011

Turn Up the Music

This week’s SCS clean and simple challenge is an inspiration challenge based on the phrase “chill out.” Instead of going with the more seasonal cool weather meaning of the phrase, I went with the idea of relaxation and used the Old School Rock set from Sweet Stamp Shop for my card.

I used the set’s old school head phone image as my focal image (and on a side note, I must admit that I haven’t bought in to using the more modern ear bud version just yet—the headphones I use aren’t as old school as these, but I guess they could be described as a hybrid between these and earbuds). The image is stamped on pale pink cardstock and the ear pieces are paper pieced with rose cardstock so that I could hide the end of the pink baker's twine "cord" underneath the left ear piece. I used a few strategically placed glue pen dots to keep the cord twisted and twirled in place.

I paired the image with the "turn up the music and float away . . ." sentiment. It kind of evoked a “chill out” feeling in me when I read it. A pair of silver brads as an accent helped to balance the image panel. It's set on a white square, then on a rose card base.

Materials Used:
Old School Rock stamp set (Sweet Stamp Shop); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); silver brads (Recollections); pink baker's twine (Divine Twine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips