Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Day Happy Anniversary

My parents are celebrating their wedding anniversary while en route all the way across the country to cheer on the Wisconsin Badgers in Monday's Rose Bowl game. Here's the card I made for them to mark the occasion.

Neither of my parents is a big fan of flourishes, fluff, or clutter and this card reflects that. I guess you could say that my clean and simple stamping style originates from my mom's influence--LOL! The card uses one of my new Papertrey Ink sets, Happy Day. I die cut the label shape from Hawaiian Shores cardstock, then stamped one of the matching images on the die cut in the same color ink. The anniversary sentiment is stamped in the center with silver ink.

I set the label on an aqua card base and accented it with cardstock strips--a wide red one and a narrower scallop edged shiny silver one. For texture, I die cut a heart from red felt and attached that at the bottom of the label piece. A few silver faux stitches finish the design.

Materials Used:
Happy Day stamp set, Hawaiian Shores ink, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Pure Poppy cardstock, Happy Day and Heart Prints dies, Pure Poppy felt (Papertrey Ink); silver paper (Recollections); Encore Silver ink (Tsukineko); scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); silver gel pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips