Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy Holidays

Here's my card for the current Market Street Stamps Paint the Town color challenge. The colors are neutrals--nearly nude, champagne, and gunmetal gray--with a pop of rich amethyst purple. I made a simple, but elegant card using two of Market Street's latest releases.

The focal panel is a piece of a fancy edged kraft die cut that I dressed up with a trio of creamy snowflakes. The snowflakes are sprayed with a sparkly mist for an icy look. Their centers are dotted with clear crystals that I colored with a Copic marker to get that deep purple shade.

The die cut piece is set on a dark gray card base stamped in gray ink with the new Flurries background. Love these pretty snowflakes! I stamped the "happy holidays" sentiment from the new Essential Holiday Sentiments set in a shimmery beige ink on a purple strip. After slipping the strip's edge underneath the largest snowflake, I added a pretty cream faux suede ribbon piece to the other end. I just wish this had photographed better to show off the true colors and the sparkle. Guess that's what I get for being a late night crafter . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps Flurries and Essential Holiday Sentiments stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento London Fog ink and Frost Shimmer Spray, Spellbinders Labels 18 die, Zva Creative clear crystals, Copic marker (BV08), May Arts ivory faux suede ribbon

other: Smokey Shadow and Royal Velvet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kraft Like a Rockstar Cream cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Brilliance Pearlescent Beige ink (Tsukineko); snowflake dies (My Favorite Things)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips