Sunday, December 18, 2011

Never Too Old

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge. Bonnie Rose's gallery is full of bright creations and I chose to use this set of clean and simple designs with an inspirational quote as the focal point as the basis for my design.

I love the sentiments in Verve's Words of Wisdom set and thought I could find at least one quote in the set that would work to make my own version of the card. I ended up going with the Mark Twain quote about dreams as my focal image. It's stamped in black ink at the center of a white card base.

Instead of using bold floral stickers as an accent, I dug through my stash of embellishments until I found the perfect one--a bunch of multi-colored plastic star embellishments. I mixed and matched different colors, sizes, and open/closed versions, then clustered them around the sides of the sentment, using a combination of glue dots and liquid glue to attach them to the cardfront. I was done in no time at all, which is great since I need to spend time today getting my now completed holiday cards ready to go out in the mail tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Materials Used:
Words of Wisdom stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); plastic stars (American Crafts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips