Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Retirement, Bar!

The Color Throwdown girls and a few of our friends are having a surprise blog hop today to celebrate a very special occasion--Barbara's retirement! Today's her last day of work and we've created cards to mark the event.

I used the a la modes I Spy set from My Favorite Things for my card. Her dress is paper pieced with a fun, trendy chevron pattern and her magnifying glass is filled in with Glossy Accents to get a glass-like look. I cut the girlie out and used foam tape to set her over a bold patterned paper panel. A clear crystal flourish peeks out from behind her. The set's "I see . . ." sentiment is stamped on the green strip that runs across the card. I finished it off by stamping the "sunny days ahead" sentiment on the inside of the card. Bar, hope your retirement is filled with plenty of sun-filled days!

Here are links to the rest of the hoppers. Don't forget to stop by Barbara's blog, too!

Broni Holcombe
Lynn Put
Wanda Cullen
Lori Tecler - you're here!
Joan Ervin
Jody Morrow
Cindy Haffner
Tammy Hershberger
Christine Okken

Materials Used:
a la modes I Spy stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Simply Chartreuse satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Campfire designer paper (October Afternoon); Glossy Accents (Ranger); clear crystal flourish (Recollections); foam tape

9 comments:

  1. Adorable card, she is going to love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Lori! I really like your layout and how you cut this adorable image out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, clever use of the image! I'm sure Barbara, MFT DT member will just love it -- I also like your mix of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! Could this be any cuter?? I don't think so! I love how you cut her out and that layout is CASE-worthy for sure! Thank you so much for helping me celebrate this milestone--you guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout for this cute spy girl Lori! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little spy girl is adorable, Lori...you used such pretty colors and love the layout, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this sweet card, Lori! I'm getting so many ideas for retirement cards that I never thought of! Great combo of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Sorry I'm so late in saying thanks for helping me make Bar's day so special!

    2. What a CUTE idea for a retirement card! Bar certainly does have sunny days ahead, and your design is perfect! LOVE her Chevron-stripes dress!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips