Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hippie Chic Holiday

Here’s my contribution to the current Market Street Stamps Block Party. I went clean and simple, turning to a variation on a design I tried out earlier this week. I transformed images from the totally non-holiday Hippie Chic stamp set into a lovely monochromatic holiday card in no time at all.

I stamped the set’s pair of bird images in light blue ink on a white panel. The word “peace” from the larger block sentiment is stamped underneath the bird duo.

Above and below the stamped images, I attached strips of blue cardstock, arranging them in a graduated sequence. A glittery silver ribbon strip runs along the edge of the colored panels to add a wintery sparkle to the design.

The panel’s set on a silver mat, then layered on a blue card base. A quick and easy to reproduce card—with lots of possible variations. I could see using patterned paper strips instead of solids for a completely different look. I have to admit that I'm partial to the different shades of blue, though . . .

And, you'll want to be sure to stop back here on Tuesday for more Market Street Stamps inspiration. The i {heart} papers design team will be joining the Market Street team to show off the latest Market Street release.


Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps Hippie Chic stamp set, Memento Summer Sky ink, May Arts silver metallic velvet ribbon

other: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, and Not Quite Navy cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); silver shimmer paper (Recollections)

6 comments:

  1. Great use of blocking Lori, and I love those blues!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO elegant, Lori! Love how you used Hippie Chic for a holiday card- very creative! Thanks for joining our Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow! I love the color blocking you did thats so much fun! I LOVE the ribbon!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have thought to use this set for a holiday! Brilliant! Thanks for coming to the Block Party at MSS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips