Saturday, December 31, 2011

Many Thanks

Here's a super quick thank you card for the current Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. The inspiration photo provided featured text in a mix of bold colors with a little bit of gray thrown in, so I made those elements the dominant features in my card.

I used one stamp--many thanks--from the Word Salad set, inking it up multiple times with multiple inks to get the stacked line of "thanks." The shape of the Memento dew drop ink pads made this easy to do. I started with the red at the bottom and worked my way up in "rainbow" order.

The word "many" was stamped twice in gray ink along the "thanks" images. To visually separate the two words, I made a teeny, tiny dot between them with a gray marker. The panel is set on a gray mat, then on a white card base. So fun and easy to make a quick bunch of, too!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Word Salad stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Lady Bug, Tangelo, Dandelion, Pear Tart, Bahama Blue, and London Fog inks

other: Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox)

9 comments:

  1. very cute...great take on the sparks challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. LORI!!!!! This is PERFECT! I'm gonna have to check my stash for the Word Salad set...and if I don't have it I am gonna GET IT! It's all your fault! ;) The London Fog ink looks perfect! I always forget about that color. Gonna have to get it out and use it more often. Thanks for playing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great take on the photo. Great CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Love how you combined the 'many' sentiment with the 'thanks' sentiment =) Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your CAS card and all of the bright ink colors! Thanks for playing along with the SPARKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is perfect for the SPARKS challenge!! CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolute perfection Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart this!! A LOT! Thanks for playing along with the SPARKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips