Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cheers

My card for this year's final My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge seems to be an appropriate one for my final post of 2011. The fun Cheers a la mode image is perfect for a new year's card--and to mark my completion of all of this year's MFT sketches, too!

I colored the girl with Copic markers, then cut the panel using the out of the box technique so the glass of bubbly stuff extends beyond the edge of the top of the panel. The glass is covered with Glossy Accents and sprinkled with glitter for a festive sparkle.

I used a trio of patterned papers from a My Mind's Eye paper pad on the cardfront. I thought the number pattern was perfect for a new year's card. A pretty gold glittery star adds a final celebratory touch.

I'm planning on spending a quiet New Year's Eve with Chloe the cutie puppy, watching some hockey on TV, followed by a movie or two. We're saving our big celebration for Monday's Rose Bowl game . . .

Materials Used:
a la modes Cheers stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red cardstock, scallop edge punch, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Stella & Rose-Gertie 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); gold chipboard star (Recollections); Glossy Accents (Ranger)

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! Can you explain the "out of the box" cutting technique you used where the glass extends beyond the square? I can't figure that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Can you explain the "out of the box" cutting technique you used where the glass extends beyond the square? I can't figure that one out!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips