Monday, December 5, 2011

Mitten Weather

I missed last week’s SCS clean and simple challenge, but really liked the sketch, so I put it to use for this week’s challenge to use twine. I just love these cute mittens from the Wplus9 Winter Wishes set and they’re even cuter with a little bit of twine stringing them together!

I stamped the mittens in rose pigment ink and cut them out, then used foam tape to attach them to a white panel. The center of each snowflake is filled in with a tiny clear crystal for a little sparkle. A piece of pink twine ties the pair together. The "warmest winter wishes" sentiment is stamped underneath the pair in light blue ink.

The stamped panel is edged with a strip of a coordinating dotted designer paper. I rounded the edges of the patterned piece to match the curves of the mittens. A piece of narrow rose ribbon divides the solid and patterned parts. The panel is set on a pink card base for a fun, cheery winter card. I may just do a variation on this for my holiday cards . . .

Materials Used:
Winter Wishes stamp set (Wplus9); Regal Rose Craft ink, Bashful Blue Classic ink, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Snowday designer paper (Pink Paislee); clear crystals (Recollections); pink baker's twine (Divine Twine); corner rounder; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips