Monday, December 5, 2011

You're So Lovely

Here's my card for this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge. The challenge was to select a row from a bingo board and use those elements to design your card. I chose, pink, polka dots, and scallops.

For pink, I used a light pink solid card base, then used the same pink for my focal image dress form from the Waltzingmouse Stamps You're Lovely set. The dress form is cut out and glittered along the bottom edge, then attached to a polka dotted panel with foam tape.

I edged the panel with a darker rose scalloped strip, machine stitching along the edge with a zig zag stitch to add interest--and go with the sewing theme. The set's "you're so lovely" sentiment is stamped in rose ink alongside the dress form. I added a cream button, again going with the sewing theme, tied with a piece of rose grosgrain ribbon as an accent, then layered the panel on the card base. So girly and sweet!

Materials Used:
You're Lovely stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black and Angel Pink inks (Tsukineko); Regal Rose Classic ink, Blushing Bride and Regal Rose cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); Six by Six-Dwell paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Fine Linen button (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. So Pretty! I really love the off centered panel on your card. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me fall in love with this WS set! Darling design and elements! Love the addition of the sweet button! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips