Monday, December 19, 2011

Mitten Weather

As soon as I saw the sketch for this week’s SCS clean and simple challenge, I knew what I wanted to do. My thinking was probably influenced by the billion or so mittens involved in finishing my holiday cards, but I don’t think that influence was a bad thing!

I flipped the sketch upside down to accommodate a pair of hanging mittens. The mittens from Papertrey Ink's Snowfall set were stamped on a cranberry cardstock scrap in matching ink, cut out, and connected by a linen thread string. A small silver bell's tied on the string, too. I used a little foam tape to position the mittens on the snow patterned circular cardfront. The wintery sentiment is stamped on a blue-gray strip and set on the opposite side of the cardfront. The decorated panel is set on a cranberry scallop edged card base.

Materials Used:
Snowfall stamp set, Ocean Tides ink, Ocean Tides cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Cranberry Crisp Classic ink, Cranberry Crisp cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Jingle designer paper (Lily Bee Design); circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); bell; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips