Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Soothing Sympathy Set

Here’s a quick sympathy card for this week’s CAS-ual Fridays challenge to make a card and matching envelope set. I used a set that’s different from what I usually use for sympathy cards and I’m happy with how this turned out.

I usually use a tree or leafy branch image for sympathy cards, but instead used Papertrey Ink’s Asian Fusion stamp set. I stamped the solid vase image in an aqua-ish ink, darker than Aqua Mist, on a white panel, then added one of the set’s floral branch images in green. To bring in a little more of the green color, I attached a green scallop edged strip at the bottom of the image panel. The panel is set on an Aqua Mist card base.

I stamped the set’s “with deepest sympathy” sentiment on a Hawaiian Shores strip in the same blue ink I used for the vase and embellished the strip with a piece of green satin ribbon and a pair of pearls. It’s set across the image panel to complete the design.

To decorate the envelope, I stamped the same floral branch image I used on the image panel at the bottom left of the envelope. I don’t usually think to decorate or stamp on my envelopes (probably because most of the cards I send out aren’t mailed right away—if at all!), but it does make a nice finishing touch.

Materials Used:
Asian Fusion stamp set, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Spring Moss cardstock, Spring Moss satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Vivid Beach Glass and Wild Lime inks (Clearsnap); scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); pearls (Recollections)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous colors and layering, Lori!! The bow and pearl details are perfectly balanced for this design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips