Sunday, January 8, 2012

Be Mine

Here's a quick card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this Valentine's Day card. I knew I could create my own version with some of the new releases from Clear and Simple Stamps.

I used a combination of images from the new Shapes: Hearts and Hearts Plus sets to create the image panel. With the help of coordinating die cuts for masking and dimension, the panel came together in no time at all. I stamped the "be mine" sentiment from the Critters Sentiments set in the lower left corner, then added a spiral clip in the right corner before matting the panel on gray cardstock.

The image panel is set on a red card base with a textured bottom half. To hide the indention made by the texture plate, I knotted a piece of black satin ribbon around the card base before attaching the image panel. I think this one is a nice masculine-looking Valentine's Day design--and those can be hard to come by!

Materials Used:
Shapes: Hearts, Hearts Plus, and Critters Sentiment stamp sets, Haute Red Couture, You're Such a Gray-cious Host, Creamsicle Cardigan, and Party Teal Dawn inks, Haute Red Couture, You're Such a Gray-cious Host, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Shapes: Hearts dies, Perfect Little Black Dress satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); impression plate (Papertrey Ink); spiral clip; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I would have never thought to use the outline shapes by themselves. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips