Sunday, January 15, 2012

Be My Valentine

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I resisted remaking Linda's Wisconsin Badger themed Rose Bowl card (love those Badgers!) and instead went with a seasonal love themed card.

I kept the layout the same as in the original card and made changes to the card's other elements. I used a sentiment from Verve's Love Notes set as the focal image--love Verve's sentiments and fun font mixes! The heart trio stamped in red comes from the same set and was great as an accent and to fill up a little of the open space on the white panel. The stamped oval panel is layered on a white lacey oval die, then attached to the cardfront with foam tape.

Instead of using a solid black ribbon on the cardfront, I used a black and white gingham one. The bow at the top of the sentiment panel is made from a piece of satin ribbon. The white card base is embossed with a simple but elegant pattern. The folder's pattern didn't fill the entire cardfront, but I think I got it pretty well centered on the front.

On a personal note, I couldn't let today pass without mentioning a special event on my blog. Today is Chloe the cutie puppy's second birthday. My longtime readers will probably remember when I first shared her puppy photo almost two years ago. She's now a full-grown goldendoodle and still as cute as can be. She celebrated with a few new toys and a trip to the dog park.

Here she is after our romp at the dog park in the afternoon, which tired her out enough that she sat pretty still while I took her picture. For anyone who knows her, you know that she isn't still too often! Happy birthday, Chloe!

Materials Used:
Love Notes stamp set (Verve Stamps); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); oval and lacey oval dies (Spellbinders); Whimsy embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); black satin and black gingham ribbons (Michaels); Bow Easy; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, love the embossing folder. And what a fun day! Big birthday wishes to Chloe the Cutie Puppy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Chloe, I'm sure Momma spoiled you rotten on your big day :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips