Sunday, January 15, 2012

Let Your Heart Be Your Guide

Here’s my card for this month’s Market Street Stamps Paint the Town color challenge. The bright colors reminded me of a rainbow sherbet mix! I created a clean and simple design with all of the colors set against a bright white background.

I used the compass from the Compass set as my focal image. It’s stamped in a bright, bold pink ink on a pale pink circle. I stamped the image again on darker pink cardstock and punched out the center with a circle punch so I could add it to the center of the light pink image for contrast. The heart at the center is filled in with Stickles for a little sparkle. It looks a little bubbly in the photo, but it isn't IRL--guess it's just the angle of the photo . . .

The compass is set on the right side of an orange-y striped panel. The left side of the panel is edged with a dark pink scallop edged strip. I stamped the sentiment on an aqua notch-edged strip that stretches most of the length of the card. On the stamp, the text is two lines, but I decided to take advantage of the clear material and stamp it in one continuous line instead to fit my design.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps Compass stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Rose Bud ink, Echo Park Dots & Stripes-Candy Shoppe 6x6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle die and Classic Scallop Edgeabilities die, Ranger Star Dust Stickles

other:
Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Blushing Bride and Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); circle punch (EK Success)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Super pretty card! I love how the compass is the focal point, and placing the sentiment vertically was a great idea! Good luck with the Market Street Stamps color challenge!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple perfection, Lori! These colors are so much fun aren't they?! They just make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips