Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Thoughts Are Coming Your Way

My mom requested a get well card for someone she knows, so I combined her request with this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge to make this sweet card. I thought the kite flying girl from the Pure Innocence Aim High set was a good choice for a card bringing a cheerful message.

The girl is partly colored with Copic markers and partly paper pieced. After cutting out the image, I added a little sparkle to the hearts on her dress and in her hair with a dot of Stickles. She’s set on a background panel made from a piece of cloud patterned paper with a die cut grass base. The set’s “happy thoughts” sentiment is stamped directly on the grass.

I used the plaid pattern on the reverse of the paper I used for the girlie’s dress to cover most of the cardfront. The image panel is set on coordinating solid panels, divided by a strip of aqua grosgrain ribbon. Once the image panel was in place, I added the kite, cut from solid melon colored cardstock to match the card base and attached to the girl’s hand with a little green baker’s twine. The kite was the perfect way to fit in the little accent element in the sketch and a fun switch from my usual go-to button or felt die cut piece.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Aim High stamp set, Die-Namics grass border die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Lime Twist-Fly a Kite "Genuine" Sky and Good Day Sunshine-Pristine Plaid designer papers (My Mind’s Eye); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips