Thursday, January 12, 2012

Have a Happy Birthday

I needed a masculine birthday card for this weekend and this week’s Viva la Verve sketch challenge was the perfect starting point for my card. With a pair of coordinating designer paper pieces and some simple embellishments, this came together in no time at all.

I selected two patterns from a My Mind’s Eye paper pad for the strips that run vertically along the cardfront. After matting them on Canyon Clay cardstock, I arranged them on the cardfront. Instead of using paper for the horizontal strip, I used a piece of cork—one of my favorite go-to’s for masculine cards.

I used Verve’s Happy Days set for the birthday sentiment. It’s stamped in Ocean Tides ink on an Aqua Mist panel. I added a grosgrain ribbon tab to the sentiment panel, then layered it over the paper and cork strips. A pair of metal stud embellishments are attached to the cork strip for one final masculine touch.

Materials Used:
Happy Days stamp set (Verve Stamps); Ocean Tides Ink, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, and Canyon Clay cardstock, Canyon Clay grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Six By Six-Away We Go paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); cork (Creative Imaginations); metal stud embellishments (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips