Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Heart Warmer

Here's my card for this month's My Favorite Things guest designer challenge. The challenge was to paper piece, so I pulled out the adorable little Pure Innocence Heart Warmer Boy set. I thought his snowsuit would be fun to paper piece--and it was!

I used coordinating scraps from a My Mind's Eye paper pad for the snowsuit and his mittens, scarf, and hat. I added a little shading to the outfit with a warm gray Copic marker. The boots are paper pieced with a scrap of shimmery silver paper. I added a little fluff to the pom pom on his hat and to the snowball in his mittened hands with white flock, then cut the image out. The paper pieced boy is set on a snowflake textured light blue oval with a torn shimmery white paper "snowy" bottom edge.

I kept with the blue and red color scheme for the rest of the card, using a piece of red paper with snowflakes for the panel underneath the top of the image. After attaching everything to a light blue panel, I added a red grosgrain bow to the top of the image panel and a red felt heart accented with a button to the bottom. The "you're my heart warmer" sentiment is stamped along the bottom of the card in blue ink.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Heart Warmer Boy stamp set, Hearts Aplenty Die-Namics die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Enchanted Evening ink, Peace Be Still impression plate, Pure Poppy felt (Papertrey Ink); silver paper (Recollections); Lime Twist-Out of the Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Holiday Style-Snow and Mistletoe designer paper (October Afternoon); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); white flock (Stampendous); red baker's twine (The Twinery); Bow Easy; sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips