Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Peace on Earth

Here's my card for the current Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. It's a little holiday-like, but it's never too early to be auditioning designs for holiday cards, is it?

The sketch called for a large star shape, which I replaced with a large snowflake. I have a giga sized snowflake punch and every time I use it, I remember why I rarely use it--it's nearly impossible to get a clean punch without multiple attempts at pressing down the punch's lever! I finally got a clean cut from a piece of light aqua cardstock, then layered a piece of super glittery darker aqua cardstock beneath it, filling in the negative space.

I stamped the "peace on earth" sentiment from the Say it Loud-Winter Holiday set in an aqua ink beneath the snowflake and added a matching satin bow at the center of the flake. It makes the flake look kind of wreath-like, doesn't it?

Materials Used:
Say It Loud-Winter Holiday stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Hawaiian Shores ink, Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); aqua glitter cardstock (Recollections); snowflake punch (Marvy Uchida); turquoise satin ribbon (Michaels); Bow Easy

5 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with my Marvy Uchida punches Lori, but this looks fabulous so thanks for putting in the extra effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute, glittery snowflake...luv it...hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.....have a fabby week girl!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh so pretty, Lori! If only REAL snowflakes came all wrapped up in a bow...but I guess that would be just something else that made driving difficult (all those ribbons caught in our tires, eeeek!) Hee! Fabulous in aqua and glitter, and the perfect sentiment to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, it is very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glittery blue behind the punched snowflake Lori! A very pretty CAS design on this!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips