Monday, January 2, 2012

Warm Wishes

The weather here has taken a turn from last week's warm-for-December upper 50's and low 60's to a more seasonal chill. The hot drink that's front and center on my card is perfect for today's weather!

I based the design on this week's CPS sketch. The focal image is the coffee mug from the Paper Smooches Hot Concoctions set. I colored the mug with Copic markers and covered the coffee part--or, hot chocolate, if you prefer--with Glossy Accents for a liquid-like look. It's set on a label die cut with dimensional dots. The heart shaped steam image is stamped above the mug in gray ink and the "warm wishes" sentiment is stamped on a notch-edged strip that's slipped underneath the edge of the mug.

After sponging some distress ink along the edges of the image panel, I set it on a patterned paper panel with a strip of kraft cardstock layered with some lace tape.

I'm off to make myself a warm mug of hot chocolate before Chloe the cutie puppy and I settle in for a sports-filled afternoon--hockey's Winter Classic, followed by the Rose Bowl. I'm already wearing my lucky Wisconsin sweatshirt (it's seen Wisconsin win a Rose Bowl and an NCAA hockey championship) and we watched bits and pieces of the Rose Bowl Parade. I'm thinking that once the weather warms up, Chloe should start training to be one of the surfing dogs in the surfing dog float . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Hot Concoctions stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog inks, Copic markers (BG000, BG0000, BG32, BG72, BG75, E23, E25, E27), Lily Bee Harvest Market Tiny Tablet, Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frames 2 die, Ranger Glossy Accents, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Ocean Tides cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger); lace tape

2 comments:

  1. This is just too stinkin' cute. The colors are fantastic and I am loving that ribbon trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love the heart steam :)
    adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips