Saturday, January 14, 2012

Spotlight on #1 Sports Fan

This week marks the 100th challenge on the Our Craft Lounge blog, so it’s only appropriate that our theme this week is numbers. I turned the “spotlight” on the new #1 Sports Fan set for my card for the challenge.

Instead of coloring the image as I’ve done all the other times I’ve used it, I spotlighted just a part of the image. I stamped the whole image on a piece of white paper, then used a circle punch to punch out a small portion of the image, making sure to include a number. I colored the circular piece with Copic markers, layered it on a coordinating green cardstock circle just a bit larger, then set it back in place on the image. For the rest of the image, I used a fine-tipped multiliner pen to make some tiny dots on the uncolored image to add a little shading without adding color.

I found a fun number patterned paper in a My Mind’s Eye paper pad and used that to create 4 panels for the cardfront. Each panel is layered on a kraft mat, then set on the green card base. I layered my spotlighted image on a kraft mat and attached it to the cardfront.

I hope you'll take a look through your stash and find something with numbers so you can play along--there's a stamp set up for grabs for one lucky participant! You can find all the challenge details on the OCL blog.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge #1 Sports Fan stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (E00, E000, E0000, B0000, E23, YG01, YG03, YG05) and black multiliner pen, My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist-Fly a Kite 6x6 paper pad

other: Pear Pizzazz cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); circle punches (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips