Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thanking You

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse Stamps sketch challenge. I went with a slightly vintage style for my design, which is out of my comfort zone. I came up with something soft and feminine, but in a somewhat non-traditional feminine color scheme.

The cardfront is covered with a pretty distressed-looking floral paper. I machine two coordinating dotted strips to the floral panel, creating a striped look. The papers are actually from a winter themed paper collection, but they worked nicely here for a completely different feel.

I used the Cameo Maker set to create a moss green on cream cameo as a focal image. The stamped cameo is layered on a green oval, then on the aqua panel that runs across the cardfront. I found some matching aqua seam binding in my ribbon scrap pile that was super crinkled from being stuffed deep into the container to keep it from Chloe the cutie puppy’s curious nose and mouth and used that to create a pretty bow to place at the top of the cameo. A trio of green buttons, threaded with cream linen thread, sits at the bottom of the cameo. I stamped the “thanking you” sentiment from the Cameo to Go set in green ink next to the cluster of elements to fill out the open space on the aqua panel. The end result is somewhat vintage-looking, but still pretty clean and simple.

Materials Used:
Cameo Maker and Cameo to Go stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Spring Moss ink, Spring
Moss and Aqua Mist cardstock, Spring Moss buttons (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Winterland 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); oval dies (Spellbinders); aqua seam binding (Martha Stewart); linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); Bow Easy; sewing machine

6 comments:

  1. Lovely use of colour as always, great use of the sketch too and I love the button cluster with the cameo feature, looks lovely... so thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lori! This is one of my favorite color combinations! You chose your patterned papers well and everything is perfect!!! So glad you could share this with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really created a soft and feminine card and those colors, so great and different than everything else we see with the cameo sets. I love the story about the wrinkled ribbon bow and your dog, so funny, but it really does add a great touch to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a beautiful color scheme! The papers are a dreamy match with the cameo image. Spot on embellishing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! very nice color! I use the cameo very much too, I like it. Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the soft, subtle colours in your card - and the papers are gorgeous. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips