Monday, January 2, 2012

You're Cool

This week's Our Craft Lounge challenge is an inspiration challenge based on this wintery photo. I was inspired by both the colors and the shimmer of the snowflakes and included those elements in my clean and simple card.

I stamped three different snowflake images from the White Christmas set in three different shades of blue ink on a shimmery white panel. To get a nice, even stamped block, I used two sticky notes to mask off the area where I stamped the image. In the end, I covered up that nice, clean line with a narrow strip of silver cardstock--LOL! The silver strip is wrapped with some aqua twine that's tied with a decorative bow. I stamped the "you're cool" sentiment from the Mr. Frosty set just above the silver strip in the middle shade of blue ink, then set the panel on a matching blue card base. The sentiment gives the card a fun, whimsical feel, but you could just as easily make the design more elegant by choosing a different sentiment in a different font and adding some pearls to the snowflake centers.

I hope you'll join us for the challenge. An OCL stamp set is up for grabs for one randomly selected player . . .

Materials Used:
White Christmas and Mr. Frosty stamp sets (Our Craft Lounge); Memento Paris Dusk, Bahama Blue, and Summer Sky inks (Tsukineko); Pacific Point and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Recollections); aqua baker's twine (Timeless Twine)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love what you did with the challenge and this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad I check out your card for this challenge! I LOVE this with the twine! Great layout as well!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips