Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Birthday Balloons

Here are my cards for the final two Viva la Verve sketches for February. I decided to use the same stamp set and papers for both cards--and since I needed some birthday cards for my stash, I went with Verve's Birthday Bash set.

This card is for week 3's sketch. This is another one of those sketches with lots of tiny strips of paper that are all the same size and supposed to be evenly distributed across the cardfront. I have such a hard time with these! I did a little trial run with some scrap paper before cutting into the striped patterned paper to make sure that I'd get it right on the first try.

Once the paper strips were set in place on the cardfront, the rest of the card came together pretty quickly. I used a piece of coordinating yellow dotted designer paper to make a banner-like strip to run most of the card's length. I stamped the set's balloon pair on a white circle, then added a pair of colored balloons to the panel with foam tape. I used the same red and yellow color combination from the balloon for the round panel underneath the image panel. One of the set's birthday sentiments is stamped on a smaller circle and accented with a tiny piece of knotted red ribbon.

This one is for week 4's sketch, which is also supposed to be a clean and simple design. Between that and using the same stamps and papers as in the first card, this card was done in no time at all.

I used the same balloon pair as the focal image, but this time, I placed the image so that there was room left to stamp the "make a wish" sentiment right on the image panel. I attached the stamped image panel over a strip of yellow dotted cardstock, then added a pair of metal stud embellishments as a finishing touch.

Materials Used:
Birthday Bash stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Poppy Parade cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Hip-Hooray Boy designer papers (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punches (EK Success); metal stud embellishments (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips