Monday, February 27, 2012

Sending You My Gratitute

Here's my card for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge to use razzleberry and white. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with this color scheme, but once I got an idea, it came together pretty quickly.

I used Papertrey Ink's Mehndi Medallions set to make a pretty stamped panel. I stamped two of the set's medallion images in white ink, then stamped over them in razzleberry ink for a shadowy look. It worked better on some of the images than on others and the lighting in the photo doesn't show it off well, but overall, I'm happy with how the panel turned out.

I layered the stamped panel on a white card base, then added a stamped thank you sentiment from the Sending You set. The sentiment is stamped on a white strip in razzleberry ink. The end of the strip is folded over the cardfront's right edge. I added a knotted piece of matching razzleberry ribbon as an accent.

Materials Used:
Mehndi Medallions and Sending You stamp sets, Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Xerox); Rich Razzleberry Classic ink, Rich Razzleberry cardstock, Rich Razzleberry dotted grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips