Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Color Throwdown 180-Sing Out


It’s time for another Color Throwdown! This week, it’s my turn to host the challenge and I went with a fun color palette inspired by some bedding I found on the Land of Nod website (Crate & Barrel's child-friendly division)--Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, and Basic Gray.

I used Jen’s February Sketch for You to Try as the basis for my card. I went with a musical theme, just like in the color inspiration photo, and used the guitar image from the Hippie Chic set from Market Street Stamps for my focal image. The guitar’s colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set on a white panel with dimensional dots. I stamped one of the set’s music-themed sentiments next to the guitar in gray ink.

The guitar’s set on a light blue star-patterned paper panel. I accented the gray strip along the left side of the patterned paper panel with a trio of small stars punched out of a scrap of pale yellow cardstock.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post. As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine. And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD180. Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team:

9 comments:

  1. I thought of this set as soon s I saw the inspiration pic. :) Your colouring on the guitar is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this guitar image and your layout with it is perfect! This color combo is great! Awesome card Lori! Glad we got me meet this past weekend-it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! Thanks for the great color combo this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This not only is a great use of the colors, but you captured the bedding theme as well! Love it! I spy some awesome Copic coloring, too - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! How darling that you used a guitar like in the inspiration photo! I ended up loving this color combo, by the way! I miss you already after this weekend, but I'm sure you're getting much love from that sweet Chloe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super fun card!!!
    awesome coloring girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure did pick some awesome colors this week, Lori...your guitar is just perfect (how clever to match the bedspread) and what a great sketch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card Lori! Love the guitar and great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Lori! That guitar image is fabulous and that sketch works perfectly with it. It was SO good to see you again this weekend--I had a blast. We've all got to do it again!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips