Thursday, February 23, 2012

You're Lovely

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. I went for an elegant look on this one, but I’m not quite sure I got that in the end.

I used the dress form image from the You're Lovely set as my focal image on the long panel on the left side of the card. The dress form was stamped on pink cardstock and shaded a bit with Copic markers, then cut out. A little glitter runs along the bottom edge of the dress form for a touch of sparkle. I used foam tape to attach it to a kraft panel. The set’s “you’re lovely” sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the panel.

I layered the image panel on a piece of rose paper with a simple grid pattern. For the trio of accents along the right side of the card, I used three pieces of large shimmery cream floral confetti that I’ve had in my stash forever. Each flower has a single self-adhesive pearl at the center. It was nice to finally find a use for even just a few of these flowers!

Materials Used:
You're Lovely stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); Daydreams-Blissful Day designer paper (American Crafts); self-adhesive pearls (Recollections); flower confetti (Gartner Studios); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. A super card - my daughter would love it! I think the dress form is fab and I really like the papers! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Lori! Love the paper pieced dress form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Lori! What a beautiful, beautiful card. Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pretty flowers with the dress form Lori - nice colors too - thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you turned the sketch and included the dress form! The flowers are perfect with it, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress form teamed with the flowers this is a great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips