Monday, February 6, 2012

Friendship Warms the Heart

Here's my entry for this month's My Favorite Things guest designer contest. The theme this month is "Stamp Your Heart Out." I don't have high hopes for this one being a winner, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

I used my K-cup holder template to make a sweet Valentine's Day gift. The template's made from light pink cardstock and covered with a trendy hexagon patterned paper from Lily Bee Design (new from CHA--got it as a sample from the Lily Bee booth . . .).

To decorate the template, I used the a la modes Hot Cocoa Cutie. She's colored with Copic markers and cut out. I set her on a background made from a TCP Hearts Rosette CutUps die and a felt heart cut with the largest heart from MFT's Heart Trio Die-namics set. The set's"friendship warms the heart" sentiment is stamped on a bold pink strip that's attached over the pieces. I filled the template with dark chocolate cocoa K-cups to match the stamped image--yum!

Materials Used:
a la modes Hot Cocoa Cutie stamp set, Die-namics Heart Trio die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Lily Bee Design); CutUps Heart Rosette and Circus Panels dies (The Cat's Pajamas); pink felt

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips