Monday, February 6, 2012

My Heart Is with You

Here's my card for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge. This week's challenge theme is hearts and I went with a classic Valentine's Day color combination--red, cream, and black--along with a script font on this simple design.

I die cut a heart shape from a piece of kraft paper with a script image already printed on it for my focal image. The heart is set on a panel made from a piece of red grid designer paper and some cream cardstock, divided by a strip of black satin ribbon.

I stamped the "my heart is yours" sentiment from Verve's Swirling Hearts stamp set on a notch-edged strip and slipped it under the heart's edge. As an accent, I threaded a piece of red satin ribbon through the top of a little gold key embellishment and added that to the heart. The card has a few more layers than the typical clean and simple design, but with its simple lines and plenty of white space, I think it still qualifies!

Materials Used:
Swirling Hearts stamp set, Jotted Heart die (Verve Stamps); Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, and Riding Hood Red cardstock, Riding Hood Red Classic ink (Stampin’ Up!); Black & Kraft French Script designer paper (Canvas Corp.); 100 Days of Summer-Endless Summer designer paper (Simple Stories); black satin ribbon, red satin ribbon (Michaels); key cabochon (Jolee’s Boutique)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips