Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Game On

This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to be inspired by a movie. With the Super Bowl just passed, football was on my mind and I went with a football movie, Friday Night Lights. It's also a book and one of my all-time favorite TV shows. Even thought the title refers to football, it's definitely not a football-focused show. If you haven't watched it, it's currently showing on ESPN Classic and worth checking out.

Now that my "advertisement" is over, here's my card. I used a football, die cut with stamped laces, as my focal image. I set it against a pair of papers--one patterned with tiny squares and the other with a subtle texture. The textured piece is machine stitched along one edge with a zig zag stitch to echo the football's laces. A good way to wrap up football season!

I stamped the "game on" sentiment from the My Favorite Things All-Star set in brown ink on a cream strip and accented it with a pair of copper brads. The panel is set across the two paper strips with the football attached at one end with a little foam tape.

Materials Used:
All-Star stamp and die set (My Favorite Things); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Close to Cocoa, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Away We Go 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); copper brads (Recollections); sewing machine; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Great masculine card! love the stitching! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, love your commercial at the start of your post Lori!
    The LO of this card is awesome. So simple yet really striking.
    Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you Lori Tecler! Your card is fabulous as always! Gorg...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips