Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy B-earth Day

Here's my card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge to make a party card with ribbon. I used one of the images from the Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies set along with one of the set's punny sentiments on my clean and simple design.

I built the card on a light blue card base. A kraft oval is attached near the bottom of the cardfront to serve as a hole for the little gopher/groundhog/whatever to pop out of. The critter image is stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers, then cut out and attached to the card with dimensional dots. I inked the "happy b-earth day" sentiment in Bahama Blue ink, arranging the words to fit the space above the image.

For my ribbon element, I used some striped fabric tape strips, cut to different lengths. The tape pieces are attached at the left side of the card and accented with a pair of matching buttons. To keep the buttons lying flat, instead of using twine or thread through the buttonholes, I drew on a faux thread with a white gel pen--one of my favorite card making "cheats!"

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Bahama Blue inks, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (E31, E33, E35, E37, B00, B02, B05, R20), Spellbinders petite oval dies, Love My Tapes light brown/beigh striped fabric tape, Ranger Inkssentials white pen, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Soft Sky and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips