Monday, February 20, 2012

You Made My Day a Little Bit Brighter

Here's my card for both today's SCS clean and simple challenge to use stitching (real or faux) and yesterday's featured stamper challenge. I've "known" Becky for a long time so I didn't want to miss out on casing a project from her gallery!

I based my card on this one with a sun as the focal image. For my design, instead of using a stamped sun, I created my own with a pinking edged circle as the base, topped with a pair of dot embossed circles. The top circle is folded and attached to the piece with a strip of ScorTape at the center for a dimensional look.

I set the sun on a kraft card base with a strip of plaid patterned paper along the right side. I machine stitched along the right side of the patterned paper strip--it's hard to see in the photo, but it's there. I chose a zig zag stitch to match the pinked edge of the sun. One of the cheery sentiments from the set from Lil' Inker Designs is stamped on a bright pink strip and slipped under the edge of the sun. Instead of using a trio of dew drops as an accent around the top part of the sun, I die cut a pair of felt clouds and attached them to the card at the top of the sun.

Materials Used:
Rainbows and Clouds stamp and die set (Lil' Inker Designs); Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo cardstock, scallop edge border punch (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon); circle punch (EK Success); pinking circle die (Spellbinders); white felt; sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips