Saturday, February 11, 2012

Just My Type-Not!

This week's Our Craft Lounge challenge is "vintage love." I really struggle with vintage style stuff, so this was a real challenge for me! I started with the vintage typewriter image from OCL's Years Gone By set and worked from there to come up with this card with a few vintage elements mixed together.

The typewriter image is stamped in black ink on a cream panel. I rubbed a little distress ink around the panel's edges for a weathered, aged look.

I used two different patterned papers for the card--a simple black and cream dotted one for the large panel and a repeated "XOXO" text pattern for the panel across the cardfront. I set the image panel on the card, backed with half a paper doily. Like the image panel, the doily was inked with distress ink to get that aged appearance. I wrapped a little cream twine around the cardfront, securing it with a button. The set's "just my type" sentiment is stamped in red with the help of my stamp positioner tool and slipped beneath the text paper panel.

Be sure to check out all the challenge details on the OCL blog. There's a stamp set up for grabs for one of this month's challenge participants, so you don't want to miss out . . .

Materials Used:
Years Gone By stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Cranberry Crisp, Very Vanilla, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); For the Record patterned paper (Echo Park); Love Me 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); Kraft button, cream twine (Papertrey Ink); paper doily (Wilton)

1 comment:

  1. you made a FANTASTIC vintage card girl :) love the sweet xoxo paper.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips