Saturday, February 11, 2012

Class Act

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. The long, narrow panel at the center of the card was perfect for one of MFT’s a la modes, so I went with the You Rule set and some coordinating school themed patterned papers.

I started off with a patterned paper with a letter print for the large panel behind the image. The colors for the rest of the card were chosen to match the ones in the paper. After matting the patterned paper on a orangey-red panel, I set it on a kraft card base. A light blue panel embossed with tiny dots sits over the patterned paper.

I stamped the a la mode on a white panel and colored her with Copic markers. She's set on a red panel with the set's "you're a class act" sentiment stretched across the bottom of the image. It's accented with a glittery gold chipboard star--perfect for a school-themed design.

Materials Used:
a la modes You Rule stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Poppy Parade, Bashful Blue, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Off to School 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); gold glitter chipboard star (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips