Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love and Friendship

It's just about mid-way through the month, so I thought I'd get started on this month's Viva la Verve sketches. I have the first two done, so I'm caught up--for now! And, one of these is already out of my house and in the mail, which just might be more impressive than being caught up--LOL!

Here’s my card for February’s first sketch. I used a narrower sized card base than I usually do and that was a challenge for me. For the focal image, I used Verve’s Text Objects set to create a simple watery scene using the set’s little sail boat. The boat’s paper pieced and set on some scalloped blue “water” using foam tape.

I used a blue and white gingham patterned paper for the card’s three panels. Each panel is layered on a kraft mat, then on the light blue panel. The little scene overlaps two of the panels and the third’s filled up with the set’s friendship sentiment. To fill in some of the open space and pull the design together, I added a pair of felt clouds at one side of the scene and a bright red bow at the other.

Materials Used:
Text Objects stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); Baja Breeze, Real Red, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Double Dutch-Croquet designer paper (Lily Bee Design); circle dies (Spellbinders); CutUps Cloud Border die (The Cat’s Pajamas); white felt; foam tape


For February’s second sketch, I made a simple, sweet Valentine’s Day card. This one ended up being snagged by one of my colleagues to send to her granddaughter. The texture from the felt heart and the trio of pearls make it a perfect girly card!

I used a pink on pink patterned paper to cover most of the pink cardfront, then machine stitched a pair of pale pink panels to the front. After adding a pair of darker pink notch edged strips across the card, I added the felt heart, cut with Verve’s Jotted Heart die. The “Valentine wishes” sentiment from the Love Notes set is stamped in rose ink on one of the pink strips—the sentiment just fit the width of the strip!

Materials Used:
Love Notes stamp set, Jotted Heart die (Verve Stamps); Regal Rose Classic ink, Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Yours Truly 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); self-adhesive pearls (Recollections); cream felt (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips