Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love You

Here’s my card for the current Paper Smooches Sparks inspiration challenge. I was inspired by both the heart shape and the canvas texture in the inspiration photo.

My card is a very simple design with the fabric (here, felt) heart taking center stage, just like in the inspiration photo. I used a felt heart with red stitching around the edges and set it on a red cardstock strip machine stitched (excuse my uneven stitching—my machine has issues with zig zag stitching . . .) to a kraft card base.

A piece of striped canvas fabric tape extends out from underneath the heart, bringing in the photo’s canvas-like texture. I experimented a little before putting the card together and found that yes, you can stamp on the tape with dye ink, so I did that for my card. The “love you,” made by combining words from two different sentiments in the Smoocheroos set, is stamped on the striped tape in red ink. I love fun discoveries like that!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Smoocheroos stamp set, Love My Tapes light brown/beige fabric tape, Tsukineko Memento Lady Bug ink

other: Real Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); stitched felt heart (Martha Stewart); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Love the felt heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great textures! Love love LOVE the felt and stitching! Glad you joined us Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Lori - gorgeous textures & stamping :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips