Saturday, February 18, 2012

Let's Do Coffee

This week’s Our Craft Lounge challenge is ruffles. I’ve had this pretty aqua ribbon with a ruffled edge in my stash for a while now and I was glad to have an excuse to put it to use in this challenge!

My card uses one of the coffee pot images from the Fueled by Caffeine set as the focal image. I stamped the pot in gray ink for a metal-like look, then colored it with blue-green Copic markers. After cutting it out, I placed it on an aqua panel, backed with a pretty doily die cut. The set’s “let’s do coffee” sentiment is stamped next to it, also in gray ink. After attaching the panels to a piece of coordinating patterned paper, I stretched a piece of that pretty aqua ribbon beneath the sentiment, anchoring it near the left side with a button.

I’m looking forward to spending today at an intermediate level Copic certification class in Richmond, VA. Hopefully I’ll come away from the day with much improved coloring skills . . .

Materials Used:
Fueled by Caffeine stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento London Fog ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Doily Details die (Papertrey Ink); Moonlit Fog cardstock (Gina K Designs); Fine & Dandy-True Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); button (Clear and Simple Stamps); linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); aqua ruffle-edged faux suede ribbon (Hobby Lobby); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips